PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD DURING FOOT HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH
April is recognized as Foot Health Awareness Month to draw attention to common foot injuries and tips to keep your feet healthy! Over half of the population has suffered from common foot injuries that have restricted them from walking or exercising. This is because your feet bear a lot of your body’s weight and serve as the lower-most foundation of your body. Foot injuries vary due to the foot’s intricate structure.
The human foot consists of:
- 26 Bones
- 33 Joints
- 107 ligaments
- 19 muscles and tendons
- Hundreds of thousands of nerve endings
SYMPTOMS OF FOOT INJURY INCLUDE:
- Sprains in the feet
- Stiffness or limited range of motion
- Swelling or inflammation in the ankle or foot
- Strain in the foot after long periods of rest
- Consistent foot cramping
- Heel pain
- Joint pain in the ankle or toes
- Sharp pain in the foot
COMMON CAUSES OF FOOT INJURY:
- Wearing the wrong size shoes
- Not wearing supportive shoes
- Underlying medical conditions
- Inherited foot conditions
- High impact exercises and activities
- Occupational work related stress
COMMON FOOT PATHOLOGIES:
1. Achilles Tendonitis.
3. Corns and Calluses.
4. Diabetic Neuropathy.
6. Ingrown Nails.
9. Plantar Fasciitis.
10. Heel Spur.
11. Rheumatoid Arthritis.
12. Turf Toe.